Here are some helpful directions, FAQ, and tips for using 1GCX:
TROUBLE LOGGING IN:
- Wait several hours before attempting again as you are temporarily locked out. (We cannot manually override this)
- Clear your browser cache AND/OR use a new browser
- go to the login page and select “I forgot my password”
- Type in your email and click “Send”
- Check your email, it is instant. If it is not in your inbox it is in junk or spam. Please whitelist email@example.com
- Click on the link and follow instructions to change your password. WRITE IT DOWN FIRST, then copy and paste into the new password fields so you know it is correct. SAVE THE PASSWORD in your records.
Note: The password must follow protocol in terms of letters, numbers, characters etc..
- After you paste the new password click “SEND” to save.
- Go to the login page again and login.
- 1GCX security is 2FA. You will receive a login code to your email EACH TIME you login. You can switch this after the first login in your “security” settings to “Authenticator”. You can download Google Authenticator App on your phone, add the bar code and then use this changing code when you login in the future.
- Verify your account to be able to trade.
- you must go through iComply
– Have a clear .jpg photo up close of the back of your ID ready
– Have a clear .jpg photo up close of the front of your ID ready
– Have a .jpg or .pdf of your POA (proof of address) ready. This MUST BE a utility bill, mobile bill, credit card statement, bank statement or government bill. It must be dated within 3 months. We MUST be able to see your full name, current address, the date, and the billing company information.
* IF POA DOES NOT COMPLY WITH ABOVE, WE WILL NOT VERIFY AND WILL REQUEST ANOTHER POA.
– You will have to go through live test for biometric authentication (Live photos).
- If verified (which can take 24-48 business hours) you will receive a verification email.
FUNDING YOUR ACCOUNT AND MAKING PURCHASES:
- Go to “Balances” to fund your account first. (if you have not)
- Choose the currency you want to deposit to (USD or CAD for example)
- Click “deposit”.
- choose “e-Transfer’ or ‘Wire’ (depending what options are available for that asset and country) and follow instructions. (Note: There will be a $20 wire charge from your bank and $20 wire charge from our bank. Make sure the deposit is worth the wire fees)
- Within the “Trade” tab, first select the currency within “Find market” (eg. USD or GBP) which will then give you the list of what you can purchase.
- Select your market (eg. BTC/USD or BTC/GBP)
- Select limit, Market or Stop
- Type in your amount
- Click “BUY” or “SELL”
- Follow instructions
TRANSFER ASSETS FROM COINBASE OR ANOTHER PLATFORM TO 1GCX:
Yes you can send assets from your Coinbase wallet or another platform to 1GCX, such as Bitcoin. As long as the asset is active on 1GCX.
You cannot send Fiat Currency from platform to platform. You would have to withdraw from Coinbase to your bank account and then deposit via Wire or eTransfer to 1GCX. Currency equivalents (USDT & USDC) are available for deposit directly into your 1GCX account.
- Go to the asset you wish to transfer TO on 1GCX under “balances”.
- Click on “Deposit”
- The asset will give you your wallet address for that asset in the pop-up screen.
- Copy that address. This is the address you would send to FROM Coinbase.
SET UP A CORPORATE TRADING ACCOUNT:
In order to trade as a business/corporation you must provide the following additional information via email to our compliance team:
- Incorporation documents
- Proof of address
- List of all UBO over 10%, including name and %
- Government ID of any UBO over 10%
- Board Resolution authorizing the opening of trading account for the corporation
You will need to email us the above documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be verified.
To wire money to your account:
- Make sure you pick the correct asset in “balances”. Eg. USD
- Click “deposit”
- Select “Wire”
- You need to:
- Write down all of the wire information
- Through your bank, wire the money using the info provided in the pop-up link
- TIP: Give as much info as possible in terms of email address, name, reference etc. This helps accounting.
- TIP: Use an odd amount to wire such as $101.05. This helps identify the amount quicker for accounting.
- TIP: Wire during regular business hours during the week for fastest transfer.
f: NOTE: there is a $20 charge from EACH bank for wires. This is a bank charge not a transfer charge. You will be charged $20 from 1GCX and then $20 to your account from your bank. So make the amount worth it!
- After you wire, YOU MUST COMPLETE the ticket on the platform!Enter the amount and “confirm payment done”. This creates a ticket that goes to accounting and alerts them a wire is on its way from YOU.
- Allow for time to transfer and accept, usually 1 business day.
To withdraw fiat from your account:
* MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR SECURITY SET TO 2FA AUTHENTICATOR OR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WITHDRAW
- Make sure you pick the correct asset in “balances” and make sure you have funds there. Eg. USD
- Click “withdraw”
- Select “Wire”
- You need to:
- Fill in ALL of the wire information
- Add as many notes as possible. Name, email, etc.
- When complete click “withdraw”
- Follow code instructions. You MUST ensure you use the correct code and within the authenticator time limit.
- If your token expires or too many attempts etc. You will have to refresh and start the process again.
If you get locked out, you will have to wait several hours.
- You need to set the market you are selling on to the correct FIAT and asset.
- On desktop click on the right side of the screen “USD” (between EUR and USDT)
- Click on the asset you want to sell under “market” on the right side.
- “BTC/USD” – This will change the trading window.
- Under ‘limit” type in the amount of BTC
- Click ‘Sell’
- Follow instructions in pop-up window
- Go to “balances” (top menu bar) beside your email address
- Find your asset that you want to withdraw
- Scroll to the right and click ‘withdraw’
- Fill in the bank wire information correctly and in full with all notes and details you can provide. NOTE: there is a bank wire charge of $20 from both banks. Sending and receiving banks.
- Allow time for wire to be executed. Usually 1 business day within business hours.
CURRENT TRADE LIMITS:
The current default trade limits for a user on 1GCX is:
150K/day | 300K/week | 500K/month (email email@example.com to request enhanced trading volumes)
SET UP AND SWITCH TO “2FA AUTHENTICATOR” (Security):
1GCX has initiated new security policies for all our users on our trading platform. As of January 15, 2022 all users will be required to setup 2FA authenticator in order to be able to withdraw any assets from their account.
Users utilizing only email 2FA will be able to trade and deposit, but will automatically set to a daily $0 withdrawal limit.
Users can initiate authenticator 2FA, by adjusting their security settings, under users profile page, security section.
Follow these steps:
- Download the Google Authenticator APP on your mobile phone if you have not done so already.
- Log into your 1GCX account.
- Click the menu icon next to your email on the top right.
- Select “Profile”.
- Click “Security”.
- Click “Switch to Authenticator”.
- You will need to retrieve an email code ONE MORE TIME. Put this code in where it says “code”.
- Once this is accepted you will then see a QR Code to the right and a space for a code and a password to the left.
- Open your authenticator app. Click “+” in your authenticator app and “scan QR code“
- Scan the QR Code on the security page of your 1GCX platform with your phone.
- Enter the code that appears in your Authenticator App. Make sure it DOES NOT TIME OUT.
- Put in your 1GCX login password
- Click Submit.
- You will only have to do this once to switch over. The next time you will use your email address, password and then your authenticator code from your authenticator phone APP.
You will now have Authenticator 2FA enabled for withdrawals on your account.
2FA = two factor authorization.